I love almonds.
At any given time, you can find a bag of raw, unsalted almonds hiding in one of my desk drawers.
I also have an incredible sweet tooth, so when I asked Scott for a quick and yummy snack, he immediately came up with candied almonds. But these aren’t your average, everyday candied almonds. These have a sweet and mellow citrusy hint of Clementines! Yum!
Fortunately they’re easy to make, because he just made them yesterday afternoon, and I have pretty much devoured them all. And no, I haven’t hidden them from the kids. I’m sharing these.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Clementines (juice and zest separated)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pound almonds (untoasted and unsalted)
- Combine butter, sugar, Clementine juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium size pot. Heat until butter is melted and everything is combined.
- Add almonds and cook over medium high heat until the sugar turns dark golden brown, stirring frequently. Be sure to not burn the sugar.
- Remove from heat and stir in zest.
- Spread out on a buttered cookie sheet or a sheet tray covered with a silicone mat.